We are always on the lookout for skilled technicians to join our team.
Interested in working with us?
GCCEM is a leading automotive workshop on the Gold Coast and we are looking for the best technicians to join our team. Our business has been operating on the Gold Coast for over 40 years (since 1976) so is well-established. We pride ourselves on our quality reputation and workmanship and our customers are great!
We provide Auto Electrical, Mechanical and Air Conditioning services with no two days the same. Our full list of services we provide in-house are on our home page. We relocated to larger, better, well-equipped premises at the start of 2017 and are always expanding our team to keep up with our loyal customer demand.
Our current team use the following words to describe GCCEM (quality, honest, professional, reliable, value, family, friendly, team, efficient, caring, understanding, flexible, thorough, genuine, trustworthy, happy). And no we didn’t pay them to say that!
Our working environment
- relaxed & family friendly.
- open Monday to Friday, our weekends are spent with family & friends enjoying where we live.
- fellow team mates are awesome, knowledgeable, enthusiastic & enjoy their trade (singing talent is debatable).
- access to formal training programs.
- good facilities (in a large workshop space) – latest scan tools & we are continually investing in new equipment.
- great remuneration will be negotiated dependent on your level of experience (overtime & performance bonuses available).
- access to a unique employee benefits program.
- fun social functions (some our past functions include 4WD, BBQ’s, fishing charter, golf days, dinners etc, we have more planned!)
Like to know more?
If you are interested in discussing why we are different from the average workshop and where we are heading, please get in touch.
Already know GCCEM is your new long term career option, please apply via email confidentially here with your resume and a covering email and we will be in touch.
Please note that we are professionals and respect your privacy. All discussions and applications will remain 100% confidential.
AUTO ELECTRICIAN (Trade Qualified or 3rd/4th year)
Don’t be fooled by the ‘Car Electrics’ in our name! As an Auto Electrician on our team, while a good portion of your work is on light vehicles, you will also be able to work on a variety of other vehicles including classic show cars, 4WD’s, buses, trucks, large earthmoving equipment, emergency service vehicles and boats. We complete installs, upgrades, diagnosis and repairs. We offer a mobile breakdown van for select jobs so you will also get the chance to get out and about. We are diagnostic experts known for fixing those hard problems others won’t touch (without just throwing parts at jobs), so you will be challenged regularly, getting the chance to apply your skills or learn new ones (through our training programs and your teammates).
As our new team member, you will ideally have the following:-
- Trade Qualification (or completing).
- Air Conditioning licence & experience.
- Proven, advanced diagnostic skills.
- Pride in your work & attention to detail.
- Produce consistent, high quality work.
- Genuine interest in your trade & great customer service.
- Motivated team play with a great attitude.
- Ability to work safely & unsupervised.
Highly desirable skills:-
- Heavy vehicle/equipment experience.
- Dual qualification or interest in gaining a 2nd trade.
Keen to come join us? Please send us your resume and covering email here and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
Are you a car enthusiast? Do you already work on cars and want the opportunity for a well-rounded and great career in our beautiful city? Cars are becoming more complex each year and our industry is changing at a fast rate.
What an exciting industry to be involved in!
We only work with the most dedicated and professional technicians and our apprenticeship program is no different.
As employers, we will offer you one of the best trade programs around with quality technicians who actually enjoy what they do, take pride in all of their work and don’t mind passing on their skills. The variety of vehicle experience and career opportunities you will gain within our workshop and business is second to none. Our business strongly promotes diversity in our industry.
If you think you have the dedication, learning ability, a strong work ethic and a great positive attitude to match, we would love to hear from you.
Please send all of following to here and we will be in touch as soon as we can:-
- a unique covering letter, email or short video, telling us why you are passionate about cars, gaining an apprenticeship and what dedication you can bring to learning the trade.
- an up to date CV outlining any work experience, work, volunteering or hobbies you undertake and three referrees from either work, sport or your schooling environment (no personal friends please, we already know they think you are awesome!).
- a copy of any awards, special achievements or other items that you think will make you a great team member.
We receive a lot of interest for apprenticeships, so the more passion you have for vehicles and the more effort you put in when you get in touch, the more notice we take!
Wondering where else you can go, to get a start on your chosen career within the Automotive Industry?
Perhaps consider a pre-vocational course at TAFE.